The Elk County Clerk, as Election Officer for Elk County, wants citizens to have current information about the election process. Current voter registration at your present address is also important.
Election forms are located beneath the Important Dates to Remember section.
If you have any questions or need to register to vote, contact the Elk County Election Officer at the address or phone numbers listed at the bottom of the page.
Important 2018 Elk County Election Dates to Remember
Notice of County Level Offices to be Elected or Retained
County Commissioner Dist. 1
All 10 Township Clerks
All 10 Precinct Committeemen
All 10 Precinct Committeewomen
- Friday, June 1st – Last day to change party affiliation before the Primary
- Friday, June 1st at Noon – Deadline for Candidate Filings
- Tues, July 17th – Last day to Register to Vote before the Primary
- Wed, July 18th – First day Advance Ballots are mailed
- Mon, July 23rd – In Person Advance voting begins at the Elk County Clerk’s office, Howard, KS
- Tues, July 31 – Voter deadline to apply for Advance Voting Ballots to be mailed for Primary
- Mon, August 6 – Noon deadline to cast Advance Voting ballots in person
- Tues, August 7th – PRIMARY ELECTION
- Tues, Oct. 16th – Last day to Register to Vote before the General
- Wed, Oct. 17th – First day Advance Ballot are mailed
- Mon, Oct. 22nd – In Person Advance voting begins at the Elk County Clerk’s office, Howard, KS
- Tues, Oct. 30th – Voter deadline to apply for Advance Voting ballots to be mailed for General
- Mon, November 5th – Noon deadline to cast Advance Voting ballots in person
- Tues, November 6th – GENERAL ELECTION
NOTE: Mailed Advance voting ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received in the county election office not later than the 3rd day following the election. Advance ballots may be hand-delivered the county election office or to any polling place within the county by close of polls.
|2018 Election Information||3/6/18||126.39 KB|
|Affidavit of Exemption||3/6/18||106.71 KB|
|Declaration of Intention||3/6/18||172.41 KB|
|Form IIF1A - Appt Treas or Cand Committee||3/6/18||29.61 KB|
|Permanent Advance Voting Application||3/6/18||138.26 KB|
|Precinct Comm Candidate of Intention||3/6/18||162.99 KB|
|Statement of Substantial Interest for Local Office||3/6/18||4,085.14 KB|
|Voter Registration||3/6/18||417.64 KB|